Ego One - Pure | Fresh | First
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

We're Moving. So, we've disabled new registrations on this forum. The forum will not officially be released until 8 PM Pacific Standard Time (Friday, Sept, 9th, 2010)~ http://www.ego-one.net/

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Jalokim

Jalokim
Manager
You heard it right.

with the new punbb template editing I will be converting testjal to get a nice feel for punBB.

I will be coding the forum live, so if anybody wishes to observe how a forum theme is built and upgrade I suggest popping by this site all weekend. Starting today.

Refresh every hour or so ... unless I'm not online.

I will be testing the template editing possibilities of PUNBB.

Just for others to know.
PunBB is just as flexible as IPB, but I prefered it because of the techonology... now pun has more technology.

Also pun will not be a shot in the dark for me.
My first ever forum was a punBB based monster... I learned it inside out before moving to phpbb3.

So if there are any problems...
It's me... I'm building a new site

Jalokim

Post Thu Jul 16, 2009 2:41 pm by Jalokim

Theme Selector has shattered the traffic status on Testjal.
Yesterday a weeks worth of visitors came to testjal to experience the magic.

W000t.
great news guys, keep spreading the word... ehehhe

Jalokim

Post Sat Jul 18, 2009 2:41 pm by Jalokim

I have reinstated the jalobot...
I think I'll use this second rep system a praise system...

I'll add new lines and images maybe

JaloRobot

Post Sat Jul 18, 2009 2:41 pm by JaloRobot

The member 'Jalokim' has done the following action : Was this post helpful?

'Yes it was thank you' : 1

Beno

Post Sat Jul 18, 2009 10:14 pm by Beno

Wicked looks great!

JaloRobot

Post Sat Jul 18, 2009 10:14 pm by JaloRobot

The member 'Beno' has done the following action : That post was ...

'Cool stuff - thanks' :
Testjal is going PUNBB!!! - Page 2 _larry__by_neek_zique
Result :
Testjal is going PUNBB!!! - Page 2 _larry__by_neek_zique

MrMario

Post Sun Jul 19, 2009 10:22 am by MrMario

Jalo you need to work at Forumotion and show the techs something that is going to blow their minds away. They should also make this forum a testing forum.

JaloRobot

Post Sun Jul 19, 2009 10:22 am by JaloRobot

The member 'MrMario' has done the following action : That post was ...

'OMG that is so cool' :
Testjal is going PUNBB!!! - Page 2 Omg_I_gets_present_by_Droneguard
Result : 1

Jalokim

Post Sun Jul 19, 2009 12:39 pm by Jalokim

Yeah I was actually thinking about that.

forumotion has a couple beta test sites.
and the techies use these sites to test the new features on their private server with the new stuff.

I really wouldn't mind being a branch of that.
hehhhe... with my javascript I could add a few things... lollies

Jalokim

Post Thu Jul 23, 2009 9:27 pm by Jalokim

OK I have super slimmed the forum coding.

please check if all the themes work perfectly.
they should be a little faster than before...

step 1/3 of my speed up program is online

Jalokim

Post Thu Jul 23, 2009 9:48 pm by Jalokim

I have broken my themes...

eh,,, and at the time mario is doing his review...

only coffee cream works ...
I am fighting against this junk... sorry for any inconvienances

MrMario

Post Thu Jul 23, 2009 9:52 pm by MrMario

HAHA its all understanding. I won't take too much points off. (15 - Points) LOL

Jalokim

Post Thu Jul 23, 2009 9:56 pm by Jalokim

everything is back to normal ...
but without the speed up... something went wrong with the speed up...

back to the drawing board... being a pioneer is not easy

Jalokim

Post Sun Jul 26, 2009 7:50 pm by Jalokim

ok...

I've modified the forum colors and design a slight bit.
its ugly...

first person to say its nice or cool will get banned.

I'll be working on testjal ... I want to get it finished so I can get back to working for the public

Tilum

Post Sun Jul 26, 2009 9:41 pm by Tilum

Nice, cool

Jalokim

Post Sun Jul 26, 2009 10:14 pm by Jalokim

moderation cans for my moderators.

now at the bottom of each posting block, my moderators have a special dropdown box in which they can quickly choose their moderation color and boldness... in one simple click

pretty cool

you guys can touch it... but don't use it.

Jalokim

Post Mon Jul 27, 2009 9:58 pm by Jalokim

I have improved the moderation functions.
The colors thing was stupid so here is the infraction cans...

simple and easy in 1 click.
I'll be expecting a thank you from the staff of testjal.

here is a demo of all the infractions:

Testjal is going PUNBB!!! - Page 2 Symbol10Double posting is not allowed unless seperated by a 24 hour span. Please abide by the rules of the forum.

Testjal is going PUNBB!!! - Page 2 Symbol10Triple posting is not allowed at all! Only in cases of news and new signature entries can triple posting be allowed. Please abide by the rules of the forum.

Testjal is going PUNBB!!! - Page 2 Symbol10We admire your criticism, but please refrain from vulgar, unpleasant and/or abusive words

Testjal is going PUNBB!!! - Page 2 Symbol10You are unmannered and your vulgar words shall not be overlooked. You have been reprimanded

Testjal is going PUNBB!!! - Page 2 Symbol11Continuous minor infractions have added up to a warn. Please abide by the rules or you will be faced with more sanctions and/or getting banned

Testjal is going PUNBB!!! - Page 2 Symbol11Insulting a staff member is a serious infraction. You have broken the rules of this forum. You recieve a warning.

Testjal is going PUNBB!!! - Page 2 Symbol11Your actions on this forum lead us to only 1 verdict, an instant ban. The doorman will see you out. Do not return you are no longer welcome

Testjal is going PUNBB!!! - Page 2 Symbol11Bots and spammers are not welcome on this forum, consider yourself banned and the door is that way

you can try it out... but don't you dare send any!
I'm working on a way to hide this from members

MrMario

Post Mon Jul 27, 2009 11:12 pm by MrMario

I am unable to reply or make a topic without doing it in the Quick Reply. Jalo did you break it?

Tilum

Post Tue Jul 28, 2009 12:47 am by Tilum

Can you not see the buttons to reply?

Last edited by Tilum on Fri Jul 31, 2009 6:04 pm; edited 1 time in total

MrMario

Post Tue Jul 28, 2009 2:48 am by MrMario

I can see them but they won't let fully work right.

Jalokim

Post Sat Aug 01, 2009 12:08 pm by Jalokim

hey guys... sorry that I haven't been updating you.

Tilum will be doing some of the updates from now on.
I bet he is writing a new blog as we speak.

a few new things have been installed.
the buttons selection, on post reply or new topic are now in a box. the useless and tacky drop down lettering has been converted to a box with image color selection

The size menu is also different, its styles like IPB v3

we have installed diputs.

Tilum found out that diputs are frogs? well there you have it.
you got 3 frogs that croak on your forum profile.
loose 3 frogs and you will be banned.

Eh...
the theme selector is broken ... my javascript is going mad and its going to take a long while to get it back. sorry about this.

nvm

hmmm ...
If I've missed anything tilum will continue
cheers

Jalokim

Post Sat Aug 01, 2009 7:49 pm by Jalokim

I have added some cool Topic icons, or rather forum icons.

the appear at the beginning of each forum.
Its something simple and cool and works far better than the description images... those suck and every second forum has got them...

not to mention that every 3rd forum has the same icons from icon archive... urgh

I think there was something else but I can't but my finger on it

LH Justin

Post Sat Aug 01, 2009 9:00 pm by LH Justin

Jalokim wrote:I have added some cool Topic icons, or rather forum icons.

the appear at the beginning of each forum.
Its something simple and cool and works far better than the description images... those suck and every second forum has got them...

not to mention that every 3rd forum has the same icons from icon archive... urgh

I think there was something else but I can't but my finger on it
They look great! The only problem I can see is that the "directory" at the top and bottom of the page that tells you which category, forum, an thread you are in, you can also see the picture there.

mAkEEEy

Post Sat Aug 01, 2009 9:02 pm by mAkEEEy

i like that button "going up?" Razz

Jalokim

Post Sat Aug 01, 2009 10:08 pm by Jalokim

mAkEEEy wrote:i like that button "going up?" Razz

yeah i finally fixed the top buttons... none of then worked.
Forumotion doesn't know that punBB has a different java array and #top doesn't work.

I matched the array and a simple # is enough to send to top.

@ justin...
at first I was worried about seeing the image in the crumbs... but it actually looks pretty cool. I like it in the menu

LH Justin

Post Sat Aug 01, 2009 10:14 pm by LH Justin

Jalokim wrote:
mAkEEEy wrote:i like that button "going up?" Razz

yeah i finally fixed the top buttons... none of then worked.
Forumotion doesn't know that punBB has a different java array and #top doesn't work.

I matched the array and a simple # is enough to send to top.

@ justin...
at first I was worried about seeing the image in the crumbs... but it actually looks pretty cool. I like it in the menu
Okay then. Smile

Post  by Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

Site powered by Forumotion
Copyright 2006-2013 | JalokimGraphics | Ego-One
<!-- <script type="text/javascript"> var vglnk = { key: '0d80ae9fe71cec9484f682bd59232f9e' }; (function(d, t) { var s = d.createElement(t); s.type = 'text/javascript'; s.async = true; s.src = '//cdn.viglink.com/api/vglnk.js'; var r = d.getElementsByTagName(t)[0]; r.parentNode.insertBefore(s, r); }(document, 'script')); </script> <div id="Forumactif_Video"></div> <script type="application/javascript"> //<![CDATA[ var slmadshb = slmadshb || {}; slmadshb.que = slmadshb.que || []; slmadshb.que.push(function() { slmadshb.display("Forumactif_Video"); }); //]]> </script> <script type="text/javascript">window._taboola = window._taboola || []; _taboola.push({flush: true});</script> <!-- BEGIN 1425605 - etoxic - FR - CDB - PCK - sticky footer - 728x90--> <div id="criteo_sticky"> <script type="text/javascript"> function CreateStickyFooterContainer(e) { var t = document.getElementById(e); t.style.position = "fixed", t.style.zIndex = "2147483646", t.style.bottom = "0", t.style.left = "0", t.style.padding = "0", t.style.borderColor = "rgb(196, 196, 196)", t.style.width = "100%", t.style.backgroundColor = "rgba(245, 245, 245, 0.54902)", t.style.borderStyle = "solid", t.style.borderWidth = "1px"; var o = document.createElement("a"); t.appendChild(o), o.style.backgroundColor = "rgb(221, 221, 221)", o.style.backgroundImage = "url('//static.criteo.net/images/criteo/publishertag/close.png')", o.style.backgroundRepeat = "no-repeat", o.style.backgroundPosition = "center", o.style.display = "block", o.style.position = "absolute", o.style.left = "0", o.style.top = "-24px", o.style.width = "23px", o.style.height = "24px", o.style.borderBottomColor = "#6d6c71", o.style.cursor = "pointer", o.onclick = function() { t.style.display = "none" }; var l = document.createElement("div"); l.id = "cto_sticky", l.style.margin = "0 auto", l.style.display = "table"; t.appendChild(l); return l.id }; Criteo.events.push(function() { if(!isMobile){ Criteo.Passback.RenderAd(CreateStickyFooterContainer("criteo_sticky"), function(){ var slotid = "criteo_sticky"; var div = document.getElementById(slotid); div.removeAttribute("style"); }); } else{ var slotid = "criteo_sticky"; var div = document.getElementById(slotid); div.style.display = "none"; } }); </script> </div> <!-- END CRITEO TAG --></body></html><strong><a href="http://www.freeforums-hosting.com" target="_blank">Free forums hosting</a></strong>&nbsp;|&nbsp;<span class="gensmall">&copy;</span><a href="https://www.forumotion.com/phpbb" target="_blank">phpBB</a>&nbsp;|&nbsp;<a name="bottom" href="https://help.forumotion.com/" target="_blank">Free forum support</a>&nbsp;|&nbsp;<a href="/abuse?page=%2Ft219p25-testjal-is-going-punbb&amp;report=1" rel="nofollow">Report an abuse</a>&nbsp;|&nbsp;<strong><a href="https://www.forumotion.com" target="_blank">Forumotion.com</a></strong>Derp