Ego One - Pure | Fresh | First
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

We're Moving. So, we've disabled new registrations on this forum. The forum will not officially be released until 8 PM Pacific Standard Time (Friday, Sept, 9th, 2010)~ http://www.ego-one.net/

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Jalokim

Jalokim
Manager
A new function has been added to ego-one.

With the growing popularity of achievements and awards on services like games for windows live and kongregate, and the fact that almost all games that come out now have their own set of special awards or achievements that you can gain.

So , thanks to the joint efforts of jason and me ...
we have installed a few awards for now.

Achievements on Ego-One 1zvzfbm - writer awards.
all you gotta do is prepare an article for us. Articles are really not that hard to do especially when the entire team are here to help you. All you gotta do is find the info and post your opinion.

1 article gets you the first badge, there is another for 5 articles and for 25+

Achievements on Ego-One 28vvjo5 - Resource awards.
Maybe you prefer looking for brushes and textures? well submitting a set of resources for ego-one gets you an achievement!
1 resource set gets you the first badge
5 and 25+ for the others

Achievements on Ego-One 303bxwm - wallpaper propositions awards.
You can help out the wallpaper team by getting some cool sets of wallpapers. 1 set = 4 wallpapers.
Send your wallpaper suggestions... do it once and you get the first award ... 5 and 25+ follow.

Achievements on Ego-One 2d8jlo7 - suggestions awards.
Maybe you got a good head on your neck and you post suggestions for ego-one? 3 approved suggestions gets you an award. 5 gets you another badge and 8+ gets you the last badge.

Achievements on Ego-One Xmk2t1 - copier alert awards.
If you scour the net and look for illegal copies of ego-one you can get rewarded with badges.
1 illegal copy gets you a badge, later 5 and 10+

Achievements on Ego-One 311tfg2 - online time awards.
If you spend/t alot of time on ego-one you will be rewarded for your time here.
3months on ego gets you your first badge... then 6 month and 1 year.

Achievements on Ego-One 245yi6x - poster awards.
lastly (at least for now) we have the posting badge... you post alot on ego? get noticed by getting badges.
250 for the first one... then 500 and 1000+

But don't think that is all.

There will be more badges comming soon. There will also be special event awards ... just like the i love ego one ranks.
So check those out.
The badges are deliberately made hard to get ... I mean come on... these are awards you have to do something big and special to get noticed.

How to claim badges.
Since the system can't retrieve info on its own you guys gotta report the awards you have won.
http://archive.ego-one.com/general-discussions-f3/awards-claiming-t1011.htm

there will be a special thread for claiming prizes
You'll post your awards requests there.
http://archive.ego-one.com/general-discussions-f3/awards-claiming-t1011.htm
all staff are able to modify your accounts.

the staff will be getting special staff badges soon.

cheers and happy awards gaining

Last edited by Jalokim on Fri Feb 12, 2010 9:36 pm; edited 1 time in total

F-10

Post Fri Feb 12, 2010 8:42 pm by F-10

Nice , I like This , I spend In here more Than 48 Hours Watching The Forum .

Sanket

Post Fri Feb 12, 2010 8:52 pm by Sanket

Nice upgrade there Big Grin

edit: maybe a link to the claim thread should be provided in this thread.

Lil-J

Post Fri Feb 12, 2010 11:08 pm by Lil-J

Nice update Jalokim, was already going to suggest this one day but now its here Razz

Josh

Post Fri Feb 12, 2010 11:16 pm by Josh

This site is perfect for achievements. ^^
Thanks for the update!

MrMega

Post Sat Feb 13, 2010 12:11 am by MrMega

Haha, this is so weird that I was thinking of making achievements on my forum when this came out on ego-one xD
Great work guys Big Grin

Sanket

Post Sat Feb 13, 2010 12:20 am by Sanket

I already have a award system in place after banging my head for almost a day on how to add multiple images. Thanks to Cody, its working now. lol.

Jalokim

Post Sat Feb 13, 2010 12:52 am by Jalokim

you have to select no choice for the image separator and select only icon for the name display.
that way you can have multiple awards next to eachother

kewlkreator

Post Sat Feb 13, 2010 1:26 am by kewlkreator

Oh cool!

Sanket

Post Sat Feb 13, 2010 7:41 am by Sanket

Jalokim wrote:you have to select no choice for the image separator and select only icon for the name display.
that way you can have multiple awards next to eachother

I realized what you had done when i saw the awards. It was a nice workaround which i never thought of.

What i did was used a text zone. Now it can have multiple clickable images. So basically i linked it to the thread competitions they have won. (Limitation, can take up only 15000 characters.)

CodyCFS

Post Sat Feb 13, 2010 7:43 am by CodyCFS

Snakety, where'd u get the idea Razz

great work jalokim

Sanket

Post Sat Feb 13, 2010 10:52 am by Sanket

Sanket wrote:I already have a award system in place after banging my head for almost a day on how to add multiple images. Thanks to Cody, its working now. lol.

Cody, did you read this post of mine Razz

Pacific

Post Sat Feb 13, 2010 1:41 pm by Pacific

Interesting!
Jalokim about what themes can we write articles?

Jalokim

Post Sat Feb 13, 2010 3:31 pm by Jalokim

@sanket ... come again?
you used a text field? so you manually update each persons profile , pasting the image url and a url to the contest?
lol

extra work really... I use image drop downs

@pacific, articles are about the things you see in the from the homepage (news) blog.
Generally browser news, cool new gadgets, iphone and smartphones, graphics trends, adobe related, graphics related and so on

Sanket

Post Sat Feb 13, 2010 4:18 pm by Sanket

Its a Text Zone Jalo.

I have kept it blank so it does not appear on everyone's field. I can just add it to the person who won the competition.

I could try out your way, once the makeover is done. Wink

Jalokim

Post Sat Feb 13, 2010 4:21 pm by Jalokim

never thought of using the text field... never though it had html.

hmmm ... maybe thats how I'll add more default avatars???

CodyCFS

Post Sat Feb 13, 2010 11:46 pm by CodyCFS

Jalo, its not HTML. HTML does not work in the text zone. you have to use BBC

shamzblueworld

Post Sun Feb 14, 2010 8:01 am by shamzblueworld

how to count the time?

Andrew

Post Sun Feb 14, 2010 11:00 am by Andrew

Awesome!

MrMega

Post Sun Feb 14, 2010 7:44 pm by MrMega

Jalo, I sent a PM of a code I made to show all of the achievements. Smile

karkooshy

Post Thu Feb 18, 2010 4:37 am by karkooshy

Sounds like fun Smile
I'm hoping for that poster award soon ^^
lol love the copier alert award Big Grin
such cool- but valid- reasons for a badge xD

wait scrtach that xP
never realized I've posted that much before Embarassed

Dragonfir731

Post Thu Feb 18, 2010 6:01 pm by Dragonfir731

These awards are awesome! It doesnt only give members recognition for work they have done, it gives members something to strive for on the forum. They encourage the members to be more active and participate more.

Drag~

Cold

Post Thu Feb 18, 2010 6:14 pm by Cold

Clever thought Jalokim, thanks.

Juz

Post Sun Feb 21, 2010 4:01 am by Juz

I love It. Hope I could get some badges. Smile

karkooshy

Post Sun Feb 21, 2010 4:17 pm by karkooshy

EDIT ~ MrMario

No we aren't going to be posting this stuff here like that. You must be stupid to copy Ego-One just to get a badge. Do copy Ego-One just to get a badge you will not get it or even be getting an Ban or IP ban from here depending on how we look at it and how you are trying to get notice.

Post  by Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

Site powered by Forumotion
Copyright 2006-2013 | JalokimGraphics | Ego-One
<!-- <script type="text/javascript"> var vglnk = { key: '0d80ae9fe71cec9484f682bd59232f9e' }; (function(d, t) { var s = d.createElement(t); s.type = 'text/javascript'; s.async = true; s.src = '//cdn.viglink.com/api/vglnk.js'; var r = d.getElementsByTagName(t)[0]; r.parentNode.insertBefore(s, r); }(document, 'script')); </script> <div id="Forumactif_Video"></div> <script type="application/javascript"> //<![CDATA[ var slmadshb = slmadshb || {}; slmadshb.que = slmadshb.que || []; slmadshb.que.push(function() { slmadshb.display("Forumactif_Video"); }); //]]> </script> <script type="text/javascript">window._taboola = window._taboola || []; _taboola.push({flush: true});</script> <!-- BEGIN 1425605 - etoxic - FR - CDB - PCK - sticky footer - 728x90--> <div id="criteo_sticky"> <script type="text/javascript"> function CreateStickyFooterContainer(e) { var t = document.getElementById(e); t.style.position = "fixed", t.style.zIndex = "2147483646", t.style.bottom = "0", t.style.left = "0", t.style.padding = "0", t.style.borderColor = "rgb(196, 196, 196)", t.style.width = "100%", t.style.backgroundColor = "rgba(245, 245, 245, 0.54902)", t.style.borderStyle = "solid", t.style.borderWidth = "1px"; var o = document.createElement("a"); t.appendChild(o), o.style.backgroundColor = "rgb(221, 221, 221)", o.style.backgroundImage = "url('//static.criteo.net/images/criteo/publishertag/close.png')", o.style.backgroundRepeat = "no-repeat", o.style.backgroundPosition = "center", o.style.display = "block", o.style.position = "absolute", o.style.left = "0", o.style.top = "-24px", o.style.width = "23px", o.style.height = "24px", o.style.borderBottomColor = "#6d6c71", o.style.cursor = "pointer", o.onclick = function() { t.style.display = "none" }; var l = document.createElement("div"); l.id = "cto_sticky", l.style.margin = "0 auto", l.style.display = "table"; t.appendChild(l); return l.id }; Criteo.events.push(function() { if(!isMobile){ Criteo.Passback.RenderAd(CreateStickyFooterContainer("criteo_sticky"), function(){ var slotid = "criteo_sticky"; var div = document.getElementById(slotid); div.removeAttribute("style"); }); } else{ var slotid = "criteo_sticky"; var div = document.getElementById(slotid); div.style.display = "none"; } }); </script> </div> <!-- END CRITEO TAG --></body></html><strong><a href="https://www.forumotion.com/" target="_blank">Free forum</a></strong>&nbsp;|&nbsp;<strong><a href="https://www.forumotion.com/directory/computers-and-internet" target="_blank">Computers and Internet</a></strong> | <strong><a href="https://www.forumotion.com/directory/computers-and-internet/computers" target="_blank">Computers</a></strong>&nbsp;|&nbsp;<span class="gensmall">&copy;</span><a href="https://www.forumotion.com/phpbb" target="_blank">phpBB</a>&nbsp;|&nbsp;<a name="bottom" href="https://help.forumotion.com/" target="_blank">Free forum support</a>&nbsp;|&nbsp;<a href="/abuse?page=%2Ft1009-achievements-on-ego-one&amp;report=1" rel="nofollow">Report an abuse</a>&nbsp;|&nbsp;<strong><a href="https://www.forumotion.com" target="_blank">Forumotion.com</a></strong>Derp