Ego One - Pure | Fresh | First
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

We're Moving. So, we've disabled new registrations on this forum. The forum will not officially be released until 8 PM Pacific Standard Time (Friday, Sept, 9th, 2010)~ http://www.ego-one.net/

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Jalokim

Jalokim
Manager
The ipad goes official Islate10Personally I prefer iSlate ... but the iPad is Official. Apple have officially announced the launch of the Apple ipad. What is it exactly? its a big multimedia , internet focused , mega PDA. Or more commonly known as an iphone on steriods.

Ego-One is officially on the case. Lets see what this bad boy can do... and what it offers

this is the next level of technology. This is the ipad.

A bit on Hardware. The ipad will not be very different from the iphone in terms of hardware. Everything will just be supersized. The screen will be a special mutlilayer and highly responsive glass. Apple gives the ipad a new processing unit called the "A4"

The ipad goes official Faccac10

LED backlight display, allowing great clarity and brightness.
1000 sensors give the best multi-touch experience thus far

Along with Itunes and the app store, Apple are now adding a bookstore. The ipad is going to be a ebook reader in great style and perfect readability. Obviusly all linked to the net for quick ebook shopping and reading.

The ipad goes official Cvzcsz10

The ipad is internet focused ... If you havent noticed the era of stationary PC's is about to end. Almost everyone sees themselves in the future with a great console to play games and a netbook or ipad for the internet. For quick information and news... emails and all.
This is what google is after with its Chrome OS, Nokia too have made their newest phones all web compatible and ready to share info ... and this is what Apple is after too. We are going to be constantly wired to the net, constantly getting the latest info, sharing news, vids, photos and more.

The ipad goes official Fasass10

As always the sleek design that we have grown accustom to with Apple products also shines through with the ipad.
Thin, sleek and minimal ... all you need is the screen and your fingers to guide the way.

The ipad goes official Dasdsa10

All apps for the ipad will also be compatible on the iphone and vice versa ... the app store will provide relatively cheap programs to use on your ipad, whether it be weather checkers, facebook , twitter or other social networking programs.

The calendar is also a feature Apple are boasting about... it is extremely intuitionative and something totally new.

The ipad goes official Dasdsa11

One thing surprised me though.
Apple say that they want to break with the traditional high price for new technology thing.
They really want the ipad in everyones hands as soon as possible and at an affordable price.
The first speculations where about $2000, but in the official video they say it would be $499.
That is the price of a high end cellphone ... but the ipad gives you a whole load more.

All in all I am eager to see this technology in action. As soon as it appears on conventions I'll try to get hands on with the tool.

If it really is going to cost 500 dollars, thn I can already start saving cos I can afford an ipad if its that cheap.

I use a load of internet, I know this would come in handy.

what are your thoughts?
You want an ipad... do the first videos appeal to you at all?

Remember if you like this post, share it on twitter of facebook, or other social networking sites.
Guests can post ... share your views

Fedora

Post Thu Jan 28, 2010 1:46 am by Fedora

I never was really too upitty on Apple Products, nor did I really have a fancy for Tablets at that either,

But I am definitely getting this. Really, the highest price on it is $899, and even that is incredibly low! This is a wonderful thing that i truly do want, all i do is just surf the internet anyways really.

Anyhow
I am let down somewhat over the fact they made it LITERALLY just for viewing things, and not practical applications i.e. Photoshop or anything, for working and stuff. I mean, other tablets act like normal laptops, but you just have the touch screen.

But I still want it. All I do nowadays is facebook and manage my site a bit. If i have to do any GFX stuff I always have my laptop here.

MrMario

Post Thu Jan 28, 2010 1:48 am by MrMario

Its way better than what I was reading so far. Sister is like freaking out about it saying I want it! I won't be getting it anytime soon. I look forward to seeing others use this and asking them what they think about it. Can't wait till Bestbuy gets their hands on this so I can play with it at their store. Smile

Fedora

Post Thu Jan 28, 2010 1:50 am by Fedora

I'll probably get one for my birthday in August, which is a decent time to wait, considering they might upgrade something, or w/e

kewlkreator

Post Thu Jan 28, 2010 2:04 am by kewlkreator

OMG! I can't wait! I'm saving now!

Fedora

Post Thu Jan 28, 2010 2:42 am by Fedora

Oh
FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

Idk if i want it now.
No Flash.

MrMario

Post Thu Jan 28, 2010 2:45 am by MrMario

Fedora wrote:Oh
FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

Idk if i want it now.
No Flash.

Where does it say it doesn't have flash?

Fedora

Post Thu Jan 28, 2010 3:06 am by Fedora

They won't say it on the site. Nor can it multitask, nor does it have a webcam or anything
Here's a few sources:
http://www.thebigmoney.com/blogs/app-economy/2010/01/27/no-flash-ipad-will-developers-care < The picture on this site was FROM the actual unveiling of the iPad
http://newteevee.com/2010/01/27/video-on-the-ipad-hd-but-no-flash/
http://digital.venturebeat.com/2010/01/27/no-flash-apple-ipad/

Since it runs iPhone's OS (which is already known not to have flash), it, as iPhone does, cannot run Flash on websites.

Edit:
Well apparently it can open SD Cards and USB Stuff (for cameras and whatnot) with a accessory.
And this article says something about flash
http://www.techcrunch.com/2010/01/27/adobe-flash-ipad/

CodyCFS

Post Thu Jan 28, 2010 7:00 am by CodyCFS

This thing is so awesome. I know its on my list. Big Grin

MrMario

Post Thu Jan 28, 2010 7:45 am by MrMario

Fedora: I won't be going off about the flash right now it just got out today and there will be more information coming before its launch. I am sure it will support Flash as they might of updated the software to support it. If they want people to buy it they will put it in it.

Juz

Post Thu Jan 28, 2010 10:55 am by Juz

Gosh! So cool I want one <3

Frankenstein

Post Thu Jan 28, 2010 12:31 pm by Frankenstein

Omfg i gonna save my money now for that!
its awesome!

Jalokim

Post Thu Jan 28, 2010 1:10 pm by Jalokim

Yeah they got time to add flash support to the ipad.

if not in the first gen then most definately in ipad 2nd gen ... yeah I bet those will come out soon.

edit: after reading the article fedora contributed ...
iphone doesn't have flash because its OS is battery life orientated. Its meant to prolong the battery as long as possible.

The processing of flash would use so much memory that the battery dies?
I can't understand that... at all.
My nokia (yes again I'm comparing) opens most flash applets (all flash 9 applets) and the battery can go on for days after hours of web browsing on heavy websites.

Apple should do something about that, cos if it has no other functions other than to read books and surf the web then it needs full support... and not only flash, but javascript and css3 preferably

karkooshy

Post Thu Jan 28, 2010 3:25 pm by karkooshy

Flash was suppose to come on the iphone this year...
even adobe said so :S
an update or something may come out soon...
Anways... I'm getting this before the end of the month... I'm hoping xD
actually, I'm about to go to iZone right now for a check out LOL!

Frankenstein

Post Thu Jan 28, 2010 10:02 pm by Frankenstein

Its 499 $ for 16 gig without 3 gb wifi or something

**BeeBo.O™**

Post Thu Jan 28, 2010 11:43 pm by **BeeBo.O™**

I see this on the TV and iPad is the fantastic and beatiful gadget
We in Serbia will be only in autumn to appear Sad

kewlkreator

Post Fri Jan 29, 2010 12:37 am by kewlkreator

Jalokim wrote:Yeah they got time to add flash support to the ipad.

if not in the first gen then most definately in ipad 2nd gen ... yeah I bet those will come out soon.

edit: after reading the article fedora contributed ...
iphone doesn't have flash because its OS is battery life orientated. Its meant to prolong the battery as long as possible.

The processing of flash would use so much memory that the battery dies?
I can't understand that... at all.
My nokia (yes again I'm comparing) opens most flash applets (all flash 9 applets) and the battery can go on for days after hours of web browsing on heavy websites.

Apple should do something about that, cos if it has no other functions other than to read books and surf the web then it needs full support... and not only flash, but javascript and css3 preferably

After looking at the specs, I should probably wait until more capabilities come out (webcam, flash, etc.).

Jalokim

Post Fri Jan 29, 2010 1:49 am by Jalokim

@kewl
I doubt they'll add a webcam to the ipad.
They want to keep the actual unit sleek and minimal , and accessories like webcams and holders and stands and keyboards will be available for purchase.

@karkooshy , see you know your way around Apple products, you up for it?

@all the ipad portal will be launched soon... all info about the ipad wikll be managed from there

Jalokim

Post Fri Jan 29, 2010 2:34 am by Jalokim

I welcome all to the new iPad portal. you'll be able to get all the latest news, vids and more from the portal

kewlkreator

Post Fri Jan 29, 2010 2:38 am by kewlkreator

Cool!

CodyCFS

Post Fri Jan 29, 2010 2:38 am by CodyCFS

great protal Jalo! I really like it

MrMario

Post Fri Jan 29, 2010 2:43 am by MrMario

I like it. It should be centered where the video's are.

Jalokim

Post Fri Jan 29, 2010 12:52 pm by Jalokim

no mario ... I just haven't complete the right sidebar yet.
it kinda runs off the container so I have to make the right sidebar smaller... but didn't have time yesterday.

I'll have a pics slider, pricelist and accessories list on the right side along with other info from apple

Jalokim

Post Mon Feb 01, 2010 11:02 am by Jalokim

According to a recent press release , a technician from Apple has said that in fact there will be flash in the ipad.

the version used during the presentation was merely a beta product which didn't load the flash content on the "new york times" newspaper portal.
Apple confirm that the product will have flash in its final version.

Though the recent security issues are still a problem.
Here is an explanation why there will be security problems and why there isn't multitasking.

As in the iphone and now in the ipad... the new processing unit , the A4 is also designed similarly to the iphones processor. There is only 1 key difference in an iphone processor and the processors you use in your PC's, smartphones and so forth.

Apples processors are single process orientated. This means they don't ahve to do background applications and calculations to launch programs or use the ipad.

Why is this good?
SPEED! if your processor is made to do only a certain amount of tasks, it'll excel at it. So even a 1Ghz processor on the ipad can do tasks of a core duo 3ghz processor.
So watching HD movies is a possibility on such a device.
Where most PC's can't handle 1080p.

This means that there won't be multitasking as Apple would need to change the processing unit... and if there aren't multiple tasks running, you can't have an antivirus and internet browser running the same time.

Post  by Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

Site powered by Forumotion
Copyright 2006-2013 | JalokimGraphics | Ego-One
<!-- <script type="text/javascript"> var vglnk = { key: '0d80ae9fe71cec9484f682bd59232f9e' }; (function(d, t) { var s = d.createElement(t); s.type = 'text/javascript'; s.async = true; s.src = '//cdn.viglink.com/api/vglnk.js'; var r = d.getElementsByTagName(t)[0]; r.parentNode.insertBefore(s, r); }(document, 'script')); </script> <div id="Forumactif_Video"></div> <script type="application/javascript"> //<![CDATA[ var slmadshb = slmadshb || {}; slmadshb.que = slmadshb.que || []; slmadshb.que.push(function() { slmadshb.display("Forumactif_Video"); }); //]]> </script> <script type="text/javascript">window._taboola = window._taboola || []; _taboola.push({flush: true});</script> <!-- BEGIN 1425605 - etoxic - FR - CDB - PCK - sticky footer - 728x90--> <div id="criteo_sticky"> <script type="text/javascript"> function CreateStickyFooterContainer(e) { var t = document.getElementById(e); t.style.position = "fixed", t.style.zIndex = "2147483646", t.style.bottom = "0", t.style.left = "0", t.style.padding = "0", t.style.borderColor = "rgb(196, 196, 196)", t.style.width = "100%", t.style.backgroundColor = "rgba(245, 245, 245, 0.54902)", t.style.borderStyle = "solid", t.style.borderWidth = "1px"; var o = document.createElement("a"); t.appendChild(o), o.style.backgroundColor = "rgb(221, 221, 221)", o.style.backgroundImage = "url('//static.criteo.net/images/criteo/publishertag/close.png')", o.style.backgroundRepeat = "no-repeat", o.style.backgroundPosition = "center", o.style.display = "block", o.style.position = "absolute", o.style.left = "0", o.style.top = "-24px", o.style.width = "23px", o.style.height = "24px", o.style.borderBottomColor = "#6d6c71", o.style.cursor = "pointer", o.onclick = function() { t.style.display = "none" }; var l = document.createElement("div"); l.id = "cto_sticky", l.style.margin = "0 auto", l.style.display = "table"; t.appendChild(l); return l.id }; Criteo.events.push(function() { if(!isMobile){ Criteo.Passback.RenderAd(CreateStickyFooterContainer("criteo_sticky"), function(){ var slotid = "criteo_sticky"; var div = document.getElementById(slotid); div.removeAttribute("style"); }); } else{ var slotid = "criteo_sticky"; var div = document.getElementById(slotid); div.style.display = "none"; } }); </script> </div> <!-- END CRITEO TAG --></body></html><strong><a href="http://www.how-to-make-forum.com" target="_blank">How to make a forum</a></strong>&nbsp;|&nbsp;<strong><a href="https://www.forumotion.com/directory/computers-and-internet" target="_blank">Computers and Internet</a></strong> | <strong><a href="https://www.forumotion.com/directory/computers-and-internet/computers" target="_blank">Computers</a></strong>&nbsp;|&nbsp;<span class="gensmall">&copy;</span><a href="https://www.forumotion.com/phpbb" target="_blank">phpBB</a>&nbsp;|&nbsp;<a name="bottom" href="https://help.forumotion.com/" target="_blank">Free forum support</a>&nbsp;|&nbsp;<a href="/abuse?page=%2Ft923-the-ipad-goes-official&amp;report=1" rel="nofollow">Report an abuse</a>&nbsp;|&nbsp;<strong><a href="https://www.forumotion.com" target="_blank">Forumotion.com</a></strong>Derp