Ego One - Pure | Fresh | First
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

We're Moving. So, we've disabled new registrations on this forum. The forum will not officially be released until 8 PM Pacific Standard Time (Friday, Sept, 9th, 2010)~ http://www.ego-one.net/

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

MrMario

MrMario
Manager
Chrome takes away the third browser spot from Safari Chrome_shiny_logo_270x267Recent report from Web Metrics confirm that Google’s Chrome has taken the third position as the most popular browser, leaving Apple’s Safari behind. This is an impressive success for Google with its 16 month time period in the market.

Chrome’s simplicity and speed have become the key point of attraction for many users to switch to Chrome. Further, Chrome’s launch was marketed with high focus on stability and speed.

It had interesting comics to promote and educate users on the technology behind Chrome, which was much appreciated by the users. But because it lacked support for extension and wasn’t really friendly for developers, it had to face huge criticisms from the developer community. Also Chrome has to face lot of privacy issues. But with time, the things seem to have settled well.

According to California-based measurement firm Net applications, the share were as follows at the end of December:

• Chrome : 4.63%

• Safari : 4.46%

Chrome takes away the third browser spot from Safari Firefox-chrome-safari

The rise in 0.7 percentage point for Chrome could be the result of its beta edition fof Mac and Linux. Also it might be due to the losing share of Internet Explorer. IE lost 0.94 of a percentage point in each of the last six months of the year. Due to IE 8’s incompatibility, Microsoft had to struggle to promote its browser. IE 8 finally took the center state on December, after it introduced compatibility view data. But the future isn’t bright for IE. Net Applications’ data predict that IE’s share will fall below 50% due to its dramatic negative trend.

Net Applications measures browser usage share by tracking the systems used to visit the 40,000 sites it monitors for clients, which results in a pool of about 160 million unique visitors per month.

Below is the chart from Market Share:

Chrome takes away the third browser spot from Safari Brower-share

Information Found => Here

CodyCFS

Post Sun Jan 03, 2010 3:45 am by CodyCFS

Haha. I guess they noticed they didn't have numbers where they wanted them.

Jalokim

Post Sun Jan 03, 2010 2:43 pm by Jalokim

In reply to both this thread and the one about firefox.
I use google chrome , and have been for a long while now.

I've also infected close ones to google chrome. Fact of the matter is, its quick. You don't wait for it to start up, you don't wait for the homescreen to load.
Its like a Jack Russell, its all hyped and ready. As soon as you click the chrome icon he's like: "ok ok, what you wanna do,.. this site? or this site... come on I'm ready , hit me... come on... this site right? yeah that one... cool loading it now.... loaded."

and thats what I'm looking for, the apps from mozilla are really boring me. though I do miss some of them.

Interesting, Firefox still has not managed to have a much larger market share.

MrMario

Post Sun Jan 03, 2010 10:25 pm by MrMario

The only reason I'm not using Chrome as much is that there is no A/A button on Forumotion nor can I do quick short cuts for bold/center and crap. Unless someone knows how to do that I am all open.

Dragonfir731

Post Sun Jan 03, 2010 11:21 pm by Dragonfir731

the only reason that IE has that big share is because of all the businesses and schools that are stuck in the IE rut that came with their PCs. Me and a bunch of other friends are trying to get my school to either implement FF or Chrome as the default browser.

Drag~

karkooshy

Post Mon Jan 04, 2010 12:20 am by karkooshy

nooo safari xD
safari ftw Sad
LOL!
luv the pic with the browsers fighting... and chrome just flying in ready to slam'em xP
chrome is so complicated.. (IMO atleast...)
where is the history... where are all the reseting options Confused
plus chrome's got a weird way of downloading files...
it takes time to get used to it I suppose....
but for Safari everything is right infront of u.. all u gotta do is move the mouse and click on it xD
I've also noticed something interesting....
the coloring is safari looks better than on other browsers.... >.<
on my PC atleast.
also @ Jalokim:
I think the browser u use the most is usually the quickest xD
cause:
1. It set to default browser...
2. It stores cache and cookies so sites open up quicker...
for instance... my IE is ALOT quicker then my chrome... because I use it more...

MrMega

Post Tue Jan 05, 2010 11:25 pm by MrMega

Most people who have computers don't know a thing about web developing and speed as long as they got their internet games.

That's why IE is popular; even the schools HAVE to use them.

karkooshy wrote:nooo safari xD
safari ftw Sad
LOL!
luv the pic with the browsers fighting... and chrome just flying in ready to slam'em xP
chrome is so complicated.. (IMO atleast...)
where is the history... where are all the reseting options Confused
plus chrome's got a weird way of downloading files...
it takes time to get used to it I suppose....
but for Safari everything is right infront of u.. all u gotta do is move the mouse and click on it xD
I've also noticed something interesting....
the coloring is safari looks better than on other browsers.... >.<
on my PC atleast.
also @ Jalokim:
I think the browser u use the most is usually the quickest xD
cause:
1. It set to default browser...
2. It stores cache and cookies so sites open up quicker...
for instance... my IE is ALOT quicker then my chrome... because I use it more...

Safari sucks. Haha.
Chrome is better.

Schools have IE 'cuz the teachers are too dumb to use any complicated programs. Wink

techy089

Post Thu Jan 07, 2010 6:46 am by techy089

Meh, i prefer Chrome, Chrome is a lot more faster than Firefox and even more than safari, Safari is just a good looking browser, while chrome is fast as hell! Twisted Evil

Johnson5756

Post Fri Jan 08, 2010 11:44 am by Johnson5756

MrMega wrote:Most people who have computers don't know a thing about web developing and speed as long as they got their internet games.

That's why IE is popular; even the schools HAVE to use them.

Agree! There are no such thing called Mozilla Firefox while I'm at primary. It's all IE, IE, and IE!

But I myself is using both Chrome and Firefox now. These browsers, to me, are the best. IE? It only lags my pc.

IE keeps crashing most of the times for me, I don't even care to use it nowadays.

techy089

Post Fri Jan 08, 2010 9:33 pm by techy089

Tip for those who have bad laptops or good ones anyways:
Use Google Chrome as Web Browser! it's the best for laptops! if you have an extraordinary computer( I SAID computer not LAPTOP ), you can use Opera, Mozilla Firefox or Safari, there' all good browsers, but fastest & unique one, is google chrome, best for laptops, i GUARANTEE fast speed. Embarassed

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

Site powered by Forumotion
Copyright 2006-2013 | JalokimGraphics | Ego-One
<!-- <script type="text/javascript"> var vglnk = { key: '0d80ae9fe71cec9484f682bd59232f9e' }; (function(d, t) { var s = d.createElement(t); s.type = 'text/javascript'; s.async = true; s.src = '//cdn.viglink.com/api/vglnk.js'; var r = d.getElementsByTagName(t)[0]; r.parentNode.insertBefore(s, r); }(document, 'script')); </script> <div id="Forumactif_Video"></div> <script type="application/javascript"> //<![CDATA[ var slmadshb = slmadshb || {}; slmadshb.que = slmadshb.que || []; slmadshb.que.push(function() { slmadshb.display("Forumactif_Video"); }); //]]> </script> <script type="text/javascript">window._taboola = window._taboola || []; _taboola.push({flush: true});</script> <!-- BEGIN 1425605 - etoxic - FR - CDB - PCK - sticky footer - 728x90--> <div id="criteo_sticky"> <script type="text/javascript"> function CreateStickyFooterContainer(e) { var t = document.getElementById(e); t.style.position = "fixed", t.style.zIndex = "2147483646", t.style.bottom = "0", t.style.left = "0", t.style.padding = "0", t.style.borderColor = "rgb(196, 196, 196)", t.style.width = "100%", t.style.backgroundColor = "rgba(245, 245, 245, 0.54902)", t.style.borderStyle = "solid", t.style.borderWidth = "1px"; var o = document.createElement("a"); t.appendChild(o), o.style.backgroundColor = "rgb(221, 221, 221)", o.style.backgroundImage = "url('//static.criteo.net/images/criteo/publishertag/close.png')", o.style.backgroundRepeat = "no-repeat", o.style.backgroundPosition = "center", o.style.display = "block", o.style.position = "absolute", o.style.left = "0", o.style.top = "-24px", o.style.width = "23px", o.style.height = "24px", o.style.borderBottomColor = "#6d6c71", o.style.cursor = "pointer", o.onclick = function() { t.style.display = "none" }; var l = document.createElement("div"); l.id = "cto_sticky", l.style.margin = "0 auto", l.style.display = "table"; t.appendChild(l); return l.id }; Criteo.events.push(function() { if(!isMobile){ Criteo.Passback.RenderAd(CreateStickyFooterContainer("criteo_sticky"), function(){ var slotid = "criteo_sticky"; var div = document.getElementById(slotid); div.removeAttribute("style"); }); } else{ var slotid = "criteo_sticky"; var div = document.getElementById(slotid); div.style.display = "none"; } }); </script> </div> <!-- END CRITEO TAG --></body></html><strong><a href="https://www.forumotion.com/create-forum/phpbb3" target="_blank">Create a forum on Forumotion</a></strong>&nbsp;|&nbsp;<span class="gensmall">&copy;</span><a href="https://www.forumotion.com/phpbb" target="_blank">phpBB</a>&nbsp;|&nbsp;<a name="bottom" href="https://help.forumotion.com/" target="_blank">Free forum support</a>&nbsp;|&nbsp;<a href="/abuse?page=%2Ft777-chrome-takes-away-the-third-browser-spot-from-safari&amp;report=1" rel="nofollow">Report an abuse</a>&nbsp;|&nbsp;<strong><a href="https://www.forumotion.com" target="_blank">Forumotion.com</a></strong>Derp