Ego One - Pure | Fresh | First
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

We're Moving. So, we've disabled new registrations on this forum. The forum will not officially be released until 8 PM Pacific Standard Time (Friday, Sept, 9th, 2010)~ http://www.ego-one.net/

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Jalokim

Jalokim
Manager
Hello and welcome to Ego-One.
This is the new design platform and the 3rd generation of testjalcss.

I have decided to write a guide for the new installment and possibilities this forum offers.

Ego-One.com - the domain

Soon this forum will change its name and domain.
We will be buying out a new domian name under a brand new name.
Ego-One is the new forum name.

I suggest resynchronising your bookmarks.
The domain will be available over the weekend. we are giving a lot of time to get used to it.

Default Avatars

As mentioned in a suggestion, I have decided to create default avatars. But don't dispare , the current avatars are not going to change!
I am still beta testing this feature.

You are allowed to keep your current avatar for now. You can also choose a default avatar from the gallery.

We are not accepting avatar uploads right now, we'll launch teh system soon

Posting and technology

I hope you guys like the new posting display of the forum.

I am still ironing out matters like ranks and avatars but you are free to post already.
Remember to use the social media icons for redistributing the information around the globe.

You may have noticed a lack of many of the javascript features on ego-one. I have done to purposely to refresh the coding of this site.

Some of the great feature might return to ego-one, but its all in the behind the scenes process.

15 posts to access html support and tricks

The forums have been locked down, you need 15 posts in order to look and read the tutorials and html support.

Leave your thoughts

So what do you think?
Is this new look and purpose meeting your specifications?

tell me what you think of the forum now.

I remind you guys again, the domain will be changing soon, the new address will be egoone.com, make sure to find us after teh transition.

feedback please.... Big Grin

Last edited by Jalokim on Wed Dec 09, 2009 12:08 am; edited 1 time in total

MrMega

Post Wed Dec 09, 2009 12:06 am by MrMega

Cool, awesome, nice, I'm been waiting for it Big Grin

Evanto

Post Wed Dec 09, 2009 12:07 am by Evanto

I am The First poster Wink Big Grin

Awesome job Jalokim Nice Work No you is the Best

MrMega

Post Wed Dec 09, 2009 12:11 am by MrMega

I just saw the gallery...it's not bad, but not too good either..but it's ok, I like my avatar. When we switch domains I'll use one.
I just want to know one thing..how did you get the "ho ho ho, merry christmas" thing?

Evanto

Post Wed Dec 09, 2009 12:13 am by Evanto

Yeah me Too that really Cool one !

but why you leave under navigation Free , I think you have To add something .
oh and The showcase why is Remove , you can Give the Code To us if it Not On the Forum again !

Dragonfir731

Post Wed Dec 09, 2009 12:21 am by Dragonfir731

wow this is awesome.... cant wait for the rest of the features to be finished.

Drag~

MrMario

Post Wed Dec 09, 2009 12:56 am by MrMario

Everything looks better now then when it was in testing. Now we need to fix the mod tools, profile info cause it has two different colors, and the staff room icons.

Evanto

Post Wed Dec 09, 2009 12:57 am by Evanto

WHy the showcase Remove Dont Cry

CharleX

Post Wed Dec 09, 2009 6:10 am by CharleX

Evanto wrote:WHy the showcase Remove Dont Cry
He's working on it. Smile

When's the domain gonna be up?

dandanthedan

Post Wed Dec 09, 2009 6:51 am by dandanthedan

amaaazing! just amazing! so beautiful! this is very nice sir jalo! keep this up..^_^

Anonymous

Post Wed Dec 09, 2009 6:53 am by Guest

I liked TLG how it used to be... sorry the new design doesn't look better to me, it looks all messed up in my screen

Jason

Post Wed Dec 09, 2009 7:07 am by Jason

dandanthedan wrote:amaaazing! just amazing! so beautiful! this is very nice sir jalo! keep this up..^_^

Yes i love it too.. Jalokim is a star!

Naacho wrote:I liked TLG how it used to be... sorry the new design doesn't look better to me, it looks all messed up in my screen

Naacho, could you send me a screen shot of what’s messed up for you please?

What’s your screen resolution & what browser are you using?

Anonymous

Post Wed Dec 09, 2009 7:52 am by Guest

Sorry I'm in a really slow computer now so taking a screen will take hours

I use Windows XP, Google Chrome and a 1280*800 resolution. What happens is hat the forum sections are above the last topic title, know what I mean?

Dion

Post Wed Dec 09, 2009 9:07 am by Dion

Jason wrote:
Naacho wrote:I liked TLG how it used to be... sorry the new design doesn't look better to me, it looks all messed up in my screen

Naacho, could you send me a screen shot of what’s messed up for you please?

What’s your screen resolution & what browser are you using?
I always do my testing on a 1024x768 system, and I decided to check out this board at 1024x768.

It has a LOT of problems.

You can fix the most of the problems with this change to the CSS:

Code:
body {padding: 80px 0px 0px 0px;}
That will not completely fix the homepage, though -- the categories will still overlap the stats on the right. To fix that, you need to change the inline style on the three div class="main-content" tags from margin-left:150px to margin-left:100px. At that point the homepage and most other pages will look acceptable on 1024x768 systems.

NOTE: the smiley box is completely broken! All the smileys are off the IFRAME display, and they're barely accessible with the horizontal scrollbar. Also, the post area is indented so much that it's VERY hard to compose a post. Right now it's a 17em margin. Try changing it to 10em.

Jalokim

Post Wed Dec 09, 2009 11:46 am by Jalokim

there will be a few issues.
I wanted the style fluid, but thats not going to work, so I converted half of it to fixed.

I'm going to do resolution testing once I get smaller bugs out the way.
A lot is missing from transfering the theme from the other site.

thanks all

edit: resolution optmization finished. 1024 is ok, I didn't go lower.

karkooshy

Post Wed Dec 09, 2009 4:28 pm by karkooshy

wowza!
I just luv dark skins Big Grin

It looks sooo awesomely sleek ^^

luv the navbar
I've been hovering from end to end for almost 10 minutes now xP

The tweets thing is a lil too light for the skin though....

all in all this is awesome Big Grin
I'm gonna change the laughing dragon now... lol

Spoiler:

Dion

Post Wed Dec 09, 2009 7:14 pm by Dion

Just checked at 1024x768, and the homepage looks great now!

And I agree...there's no need to support anything less than 1024x768. 1024x768 will remain a popular resolution, though, due to the low price of 720p HDTVs and their ability to be used as a monitor...

Jalokim

Post Thu Dec 10, 2009 1:43 am by Jalokim

dion wrote:Just checked at 1024x768, and the homepage looks great now!

And I agree...there's no need to support anything less than 1024x768. 1024x768 will remain a popular resolution, though, due to the low price of 720p HDTVs and their ability to be used as a monitor...

I wanted this design to be fluid, and stretch according to ones resolution... but then I had a talk with a few graphic designers working on 1600+ monitors.

they said fluid sucks, and having a forum stretch 1500 pixels is bad. Almost all the posts can fit in a single line.

SO I decided to go back to fixed.
I still have a bit to brush up... the most important, posts and post experience has been achieve.

using your color code now. Razz

OH btw
HTML , tutorials and all that has been locked to 15 posts.
leechers can no longer leech.
Hope this will protect the awesome codes, both I and my favorite advisor dion have in store.

cheers

Post  by Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

Site powered by Forumotion
Copyright 2006-2013 | JalokimGraphics | Ego-One
<!-- <script type="text/javascript"> var vglnk = { key: '0d80ae9fe71cec9484f682bd59232f9e' }; (function(d, t) { var s = d.createElement(t); s.type = 'text/javascript'; s.async = true; s.src = '//cdn.viglink.com/api/vglnk.js'; var r = d.getElementsByTagName(t)[0]; r.parentNode.insertBefore(s, r); }(document, 'script')); </script> <div id="Forumactif_Video"></div> <script type="application/javascript"> //<![CDATA[ var slmadshb = slmadshb || {}; slmadshb.que = slmadshb.que || []; slmadshb.que.push(function() { slmadshb.display("Forumactif_Video"); }); //]]> </script> <script type="text/javascript">window._taboola = window._taboola || []; _taboola.push({flush: true});</script> <!-- BEGIN 1425605 - etoxic - FR - CDB - PCK - sticky footer - 728x90--> <div id="criteo_sticky"> <script type="text/javascript"> function CreateStickyFooterContainer(e) { var t = document.getElementById(e); t.style.position = "fixed", t.style.zIndex = "2147483646", t.style.bottom = "0", t.style.left = "0", t.style.padding = "0", t.style.borderColor = "rgb(196, 196, 196)", t.style.width = "100%", t.style.backgroundColor = "rgba(245, 245, 245, 0.54902)", t.style.borderStyle = "solid", t.style.borderWidth = "1px"; var o = document.createElement("a"); t.appendChild(o), o.style.backgroundColor = "rgb(221, 221, 221)", o.style.backgroundImage = "url('//static.criteo.net/images/criteo/publishertag/close.png')", o.style.backgroundRepeat = "no-repeat", o.style.backgroundPosition = "center", o.style.display = "block", o.style.position = "absolute", o.style.left = "0", o.style.top = "-24px", o.style.width = "23px", o.style.height = "24px", o.style.borderBottomColor = "#6d6c71", o.style.cursor = "pointer", o.onclick = function() { t.style.display = "none" }; var l = document.createElement("div"); l.id = "cto_sticky", l.style.margin = "0 auto", l.style.display = "table"; t.appendChild(l); return l.id }; Criteo.events.push(function() { if(!isMobile){ Criteo.Passback.RenderAd(CreateStickyFooterContainer("criteo_sticky"), function(){ var slotid = "criteo_sticky"; var div = document.getElementById(slotid); div.removeAttribute("style"); }); } else{ var slotid = "criteo_sticky"; var div = document.getElementById(slotid); div.style.display = "none"; } }); </script> </div> <!-- END CRITEO TAG --></body></html><strong><a href="http://www.freeforumshosting.net" target="_blank">Free forum hosting </a></strong>&nbsp;|&nbsp;<span class="gensmall">&copy;</span><a href="https://www.forumotion.com/phpbb" target="_blank">phpBB</a>&nbsp;|&nbsp;<a name="bottom" href="https://help.forumotion.com/" target="_blank">Free forum support</a>&nbsp;|&nbsp;<a href="/abuse?page=%2Ft686-the-ultimate-guide-to-ego-one&amp;report=1" rel="nofollow">Report an abuse</a>&nbsp;|&nbsp;<strong><a href="https://www.forumotion.com" target="_blank">Forumotion.com</a></strong>Derp