Ego One - Pure | Fresh | First
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

We're Moving. So, we've disabled new registrations on this forum. The forum will not officially be released until 8 PM Pacific Standard Time (Friday, Sept, 9th, 2010)~ http://www.ego-one.net/

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Jalokim

Jalokim
Manager
Since Tealeaf Graphics has to be on top of its game all the time I have decided to implement an old dream of mine.

So this is stage one of the transformation. As soon as I code and test the next stage more will be installed.

Here is a brief run through all the new stuff.
Using multi forum version 2,0 ... I have created a totally new method of displaying forums. It also has posts recognition ... something that was lacking in my first version of the multi forum.

Its all a cheap optical illusion, but thats just the wonders of coding with forumotion. You don't need coding skills just brains.

You may ask why I bother make more concepts and more graphics seeing as the forum styled version of tealeaf was doing just fine.
Well I did this new instalment , thinking of my favorite pain in the a$$ code stealers and image thieves! You see this particular version is pretty much copy proof.
Sure you can examine and copy the source code... but it won't give you the same effect. No matter how hard you try!

This is because the settings are not done via template editing or CSS. The coding is embedded in the category and forum settings, this goes for my portal and soon to be forum widgets.

As dragonfir proved, you can copy the forum, but it won't function!

This is make copying that much harder, eliminating n00b stealers and some of the moderate thieves.

But enough of that.

The forum should look like on the concept art I displayed.
I'd also like to take this moment to thank prokofusia for the stunning icon set I have used and abused all over the forum. <3

thanks all for bookmarking, advertising and talking about tealeaf graphics.

Jalokim

Post Thu Sep 03, 2009 12:12 am by Jalokim

Forgot to mention that I want to install a jquery tooltip for the new 4in1 forums.

the only problem is that it works on the secret forum I'm working on with the godfather , but not here?
identical codes , here it doesn't work.

lol

MrMega

Post Thu Sep 03, 2009 1:08 am by MrMega

No offense but I don't like this idea whatsoever. It's confusing, and I liked the previous one better.

Also, I don't think it's completely stable.

Noobs can still copy it. You should disable right click on the forum *hint hint*

Dragonfir731

Post Thu Sep 03, 2009 1:18 am by Dragonfir731

Jalokim wrote:As dragonfir proved, you can copy the forum, but it won't function!

I would like to add that I was not trying to steal the site, I showed Jalokim that you could still create the same look but nothing would work.

Drag~

And cant wait to see the rest!

Tilum

Post Thu Sep 03, 2009 1:47 am by Tilum

Jalokim, if you need brains, how are you coping so well?

~ Tilum Razz

Jalokim

Post Thu Sep 03, 2009 12:41 pm by Jalokim

I also forgot to mention that the tutorials and support forums are now open to all.

I don't really mind the leechers.
So it looks like dragonfirs day on the forum are numbered Razz

@lunazero , i can't satisfy everybody at once.
This style is fully stable and compatible on all browsers.
I haven't checked chrome but dragonfir isn't complaining. (plus you noticed the commas are gone? @drag)

Right click is as useless as file -> save page as
or favicon -> more information -> media

disabling right click is more of a hassle rather than copy security.
Remember that this forum has tutorials and codes that sometimes need to be copied... with right click disabled how would you do that?

cheerio

Princess

Post Thu Sep 03, 2009 1:44 pm by Princess

Code:
also forgot to mention that the tutorials and support forums are now open to all.
Oh finally. Two months I'm trying to write those 30 posts. Razz

And I don't like this 4 in 1 thing. It should be use only for forums in which there are no many posts like that in forumotion. They have few announcement every month so it is easy to follow... But here... It's much more complicated. Neutral

Dragonfir731

Post Thu Sep 03, 2009 8:16 pm by Dragonfir731

Jalokim wrote:
I haven't checked chrome but dragonfir isn't complaining. (plus you noticed the commas are gone? @drag)

Nice, now you just got to fix the crumbs navigation. And chrome is fine as far as I can see....

Drag~

Post  by Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

Site powered by Forumotion
Copyright 2006-2013 | JalokimGraphics | Ego-One
<!-- <script type="text/javascript"> var vglnk = { key: '0d80ae9fe71cec9484f682bd59232f9e' }; (function(d, t) { var s = d.createElement(t); s.type = 'text/javascript'; s.async = true; s.src = '//cdn.viglink.com/api/vglnk.js'; var r = d.getElementsByTagName(t)[0]; r.parentNode.insertBefore(s, r); }(document, 'script')); </script> <div id="Forumactif_Video"></div> <script type="application/javascript"> //<![CDATA[ var slmadshb = slmadshb || {}; slmadshb.que = slmadshb.que || []; slmadshb.que.push(function() { slmadshb.display("Forumactif_Video"); }); //]]> </script> <script type="text/javascript">window._taboola = window._taboola || []; _taboola.push({flush: true});</script> <!-- BEGIN 1425605 - etoxic - FR - CDB - PCK - sticky footer - 728x90--> <div id="criteo_sticky"> <script type="text/javascript"> function CreateStickyFooterContainer(e) { var t = document.getElementById(e); t.style.position = "fixed", t.style.zIndex = "2147483646", t.style.bottom = "0", t.style.left = "0", t.style.padding = "0", t.style.borderColor = "rgb(196, 196, 196)", t.style.width = "100%", t.style.backgroundColor = "rgba(245, 245, 245, 0.54902)", t.style.borderStyle = "solid", t.style.borderWidth = "1px"; var o = document.createElement("a"); t.appendChild(o), o.style.backgroundColor = "rgb(221, 221, 221)", o.style.backgroundImage = "url('//static.criteo.net/images/criteo/publishertag/close.png')", o.style.backgroundRepeat = "no-repeat", o.style.backgroundPosition = "center", o.style.display = "block", o.style.position = "absolute", o.style.left = "0", o.style.top = "-24px", o.style.width = "23px", o.style.height = "24px", o.style.borderBottomColor = "#6d6c71", o.style.cursor = "pointer", o.onclick = function() { t.style.display = "none" }; var l = document.createElement("div"); l.id = "cto_sticky", l.style.margin = "0 auto", l.style.display = "table"; t.appendChild(l); return l.id }; Criteo.events.push(function() { if(!isMobile){ Criteo.Passback.RenderAd(CreateStickyFooterContainer("criteo_sticky"), function(){ var slotid = "criteo_sticky"; var div = document.getElementById(slotid); div.removeAttribute("style"); }); } else{ var slotid = "criteo_sticky"; var div = document.getElementById(slotid); div.style.display = "none"; } }); </script> </div> <!-- END CRITEO TAG --></body></html><strong><a href="https://www.forumotion.com/create-forum/phpbb3" target="_blank">Create a forum on Forumotion</a></strong>&nbsp;|&nbsp;<strong><a href="https://www.forumotion.com/directory/computers-and-internet" target="_blank">Computers and Internet</a></strong> | <strong><a href="https://www.forumotion.com/directory/computers-and-internet/computers" target="_blank">Computers</a></strong>&nbsp;|&nbsp;<span class="gensmall">&copy;</span><a href="https://www.forumotion.com/phpbb" target="_blank">phpBB</a>&nbsp;|&nbsp;<a name="bottom" href="https://help.forumotion.com/" target="_blank">Free forum support</a>&nbsp;|&nbsp;<a href="/abuse?page=%2Ft438-stage-1-of-new-concept&amp;report=1" rel="nofollow">Report an abuse</a>&nbsp;|&nbsp;<strong><a href="https://www.forumotion.com" target="_blank">Forumotion.com</a></strong>Derp