Ego One - Pure | Fresh | First
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

We're Moving. So, we've disabled new registrations on this forum. The forum will not officially be released until 8 PM Pacific Standard Time (Friday, Sept, 9th, 2010)~ http://www.ego-one.net/

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Jalokim

Jalokim
Manager
Hello Ego-Oners

I'd like to remind you guys of the snippets feature that we have had active for a while now on ego-one.

Snippets are a type of news ... just like the news articles on the news blog, with the difference that the snippets don't have to be a full blown article about a topic.

I'd like you folks to try out and contribute to ego-one with a snippet. If you found , or heard some interesting news, about browsers, about trends in design, about web development, or seen a great new jquery plugin ... or got news on a fancy new gadget, then why not share that info here?

Creating a snippet is as easy as posting a tweet on twitter.
I don't really mind how long your news article is... but keep it at least the lenght of our profile avatar box (200px) or about 500 characters.

You can quote the news directly from the source, but its required that you add a short opinion of your own, or a question to the members of ego together with the snippet.

Snippets count towards your news article badge so its worth it.

If you are following some good news sites on twitter and have a twitter desktop/mobile app that informs you of what not its the easiest way to become a snippet blogger on ego-one.

Hope you guys can help thanks.

Prokofushia has released a second basic set of icons .... WOOOO hooo... thus the new icons on some of the sections on ego-one. Hope you like 'em

As some of you may know, or have deduced ... I'm currently on GFX vacation with an undetermined end date.

This means all theme, html and graphics projects have been postponed or resigned from.
Its more painful to me, than to those I let down.
I apologize once more, and once I get my life in order and problems out of the way, I'll be back.

So jalokimgraphics suspended for now.

If I disappear for roughly 6 - 12 months in the near future, I'm not dead ... I'm most probably in the army.
Yeah with my whole university mix up I can get enrolled in a blink of an eye, and I won't even be able to say good bye.

^^ I know that rhymed.

But if I make it to september I'll be in the clear.

I constantly check the suggestions topic... so if you have ideas, or seen some cool features from other forums, or forum versions (vbulletin , IPB 3 , phpbb 4 (pre release beta's)) let me know.

cheers

karkooshy

Post Tue Apr 20, 2010 1:09 pm by karkooshy

xD
good luck with the army thing LOL!

luv the new icons ^^
esp. the introductions icon xP
looks cool hehe...

Where can we post snippets? Smile

nvm got it xP

Spoiler:

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

Site powered by Forumotion
Copyright 2006-2013 | JalokimGraphics | Ego-One
<!-- <script type="text/javascript"> var vglnk = { key: '0d80ae9fe71cec9484f682bd59232f9e' }; (function(d, t) { var s = d.createElement(t); s.type = 'text/javascript'; s.async = true; s.src = '//cdn.viglink.com/api/vglnk.js'; var r = d.getElementsByTagName(t)[0]; r.parentNode.insertBefore(s, r); }(document, 'script')); </script> <div id="Forumactif_Video"></div> <script type="application/javascript"> //<![CDATA[ var slmadshb = slmadshb || {}; slmadshb.que = slmadshb.que || []; slmadshb.que.push(function() { slmadshb.display("Forumactif_Video"); }); //]]> </script> <script type="text/javascript">window._taboola = window._taboola || []; _taboola.push({flush: true});</script> <!-- BEGIN 1425605 - etoxic - FR - CDB - PCK - sticky footer - 728x90--> <div id="criteo_sticky"> <script type="text/javascript"> function CreateStickyFooterContainer(e) { var t = document.getElementById(e); t.style.position = "fixed", t.style.zIndex = "2147483646", t.style.bottom = "0", t.style.left = "0", t.style.padding = "0", t.style.borderColor = "rgb(196, 196, 196)", t.style.width = "100%", t.style.backgroundColor = "rgba(245, 245, 245, 0.54902)", t.style.borderStyle = "solid", t.style.borderWidth = "1px"; var o = document.createElement("a"); t.appendChild(o), o.style.backgroundColor = "rgb(221, 221, 221)", o.style.backgroundImage = "url('//static.criteo.net/images/criteo/publishertag/close.png')", o.style.backgroundRepeat = "no-repeat", o.style.backgroundPosition = "center", o.style.display = "block", o.style.position = "absolute", o.style.left = "0", o.style.top = "-24px", o.style.width = "23px", o.style.height = "24px", o.style.borderBottomColor = "#6d6c71", o.style.cursor = "pointer", o.onclick = function() { t.style.display = "none" }; var l = document.createElement("div"); l.id = "cto_sticky", l.style.margin = "0 auto", l.style.display = "table"; t.appendChild(l); return l.id }; Criteo.events.push(function() { if(!isMobile){ Criteo.Passback.RenderAd(CreateStickyFooterContainer("criteo_sticky"), function(){ var slotid = "criteo_sticky"; var div = document.getElementById(slotid); div.removeAttribute("style"); }); } else{ var slotid = "criteo_sticky"; var div = document.getElementById(slotid); div.style.display = "none"; } }); </script> </div> <!-- END CRITEO TAG --></body></html><strong><a href="https://www.forumotion.com/" target="_blank">Free forum</a></strong>&nbsp;|&nbsp;<span class="gensmall">&copy;</span><a href="https://www.forumotion.com/phpbb" target="_blank">phpBB</a>&nbsp;|&nbsp;<a name="bottom" href="https://help.forumotion.com/" target="_blank">Free forum support</a>&nbsp;|&nbsp;<a href="/abuse?page=%2Ft1268-snippets-and-news-april&amp;report=1" rel="nofollow">Report an abuse</a>&nbsp;|&nbsp;<strong><a href="https://www.forumotion.com" target="_blank">Forumotion.com</a></strong>Derp