Ego One - Pure | Fresh | First
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

We're Moving. So, we've disabled new registrations on this forum. The forum will not officially be released until 8 PM Pacific Standard Time (Friday, Sept, 9th, 2010)~ http://www.ego-one.net/

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Jalokim

Jalokim
Manager
Ok so I've installed , tested ... made a tantrum about how crap the default attachment settings are ... and fixed forumotion's lousy work again! (lets repeat AGAIN)

Attachments work on EGO-ONE, and I've made them look cool.
Now I need to ask.
DO we need attachments on ego-one?

WE do not offer any patches , or downloads, apart from PSD packages and abrs or other photoshop tools.
So unless we think of a vaild use for the attachments I see no point in keeping them.

But I'm open to suggestions.

Also Ego-One wants to expand on the news sector.
Since we are drifting away from the graphics function of this site I thought we'd go for a more news site kinda feel.

If you have any ideas for additional sectors of news for ego-one I am open for suggestions.
I was thinking of gaming ...

ideas please

karkooshy

Post Fri Mar 26, 2010 1:18 pm by karkooshy

I see no point for attachments.... on any site actually, since just about anything can be uploaded to an external site... It just looks good on a forum... that is all...
I don't know.... maybe when there is a contest or something u can have .txt files uploaded with all the content necessary for an HTML give away or something xD

about the shift from gfx to a news site...
erm... I hope u don't mean a 100% shift cause Ego helped alot graphics and coding wise Sad
xD
but u can always have the news blog open to just more than web browser and net news..
gaming is a nice idea Big Grin
there will be plenty to talk about ^^
also maybe movies or something....
Like I said before... I hope it's not a 100% shift...

Jalokim

Post Fri Mar 26, 2010 1:41 pm by Jalokim

no ... we just not realising the whole graphics part of the matter.
We don't have that many artists residing here... so we drift away from it.

web design , development and graphics will stay, but its not our main function... now is it?

So we need to expand.

Sanket

Post Fri Mar 26, 2010 4:57 pm by Sanket

I don't know if an attachment system should be there or not, but i know for once that 20 MB per account is just insufficient. Once users get used to it, they will have issues then when the space gets over.

Its better not to activate it then Smile

To be honest, news feel is fine as a additional feature. I have never come on Ego-One to read news, because i already have other sources where i do it.
The main reason for me to come to Ego-One everyday, to see something new happening. Some new features, learn a few things. I bet, most of the users do feel the same.

Jalokim

Post Fri Mar 26, 2010 5:03 pm by Jalokim

we gonna run out of those new features some day.

And to be exact ... sanket
its 20mb of space per website, and there is a max limit of 2mb per member.
So the total of all the space is 20mb, when you members fill it up you're stumped.

additional space In ego-ones case is not a problem... I've got credits that can be used to add space.

Sanket

Post Fri Mar 26, 2010 5:36 pm by Sanket

Jalo, its because you don't have much time. I wish you did & there was something interesting happening on Ego-One. Forget the new things like new skin or any other thing, atleast there should be contests. About Contests, after the grand contest now we have the wallpaper contest, which i am certain of not taking part because it really does no interest me, unless i wanted to become a wallpaper staff on Ego-One. So thats a general idea i have about Ego-One currently.

See 2 mb per member, its nothing then. I was thinking it was 20 Mb per user.lol

Well additional space for months? Well if you want to spend the credits then the attachment feature is a good addition. Makes it easier for a few users.

kewlkreator

Post Sat Mar 27, 2010 12:11 am by kewlkreator

Minor problem being that PSD's and high quality graphics take up a big chunk of space. I can't remember, does FM limit uploads?

MrMario

Post Sat Mar 27, 2010 12:19 am by MrMario

kewlkreator wrote:Minor problem being that PSD's and high quality graphics take up a big chunk of space. I can't remember, does FM limit uploads?

The Limits is with the gallery. So Gallery and Attachments are together now.

ecosystem

Post Sat Mar 27, 2010 2:09 am by ecosystem

I don't think we need attachments on Ego-one.

If it's resources we are looking for, I find it easier to post the link, or if a direct download is really needed (which I haven't seen happen), I believe Megaupload would work fine.

I really don't think FM should have put their time into this, because it really doesn't seem very useful.
I would have liked to have seen something else in the update.

jake66

Post Sun Mar 28, 2010 5:00 pm by jake66

I think they are really uneccessary. The tiny amount of space per upload is redicuious and what do people upload anyway?

Captain Jack

Post Mon Mar 29, 2010 8:14 pm by Captain Jack

jake66 wrote:I think they are really uneccessary. The tiny amount of space per upload is redicuious and what do people upload anyway?

I totally agree with him. Its kinda a waste of money too. and we all hate wasting that.

MrMario

Post Tue Apr 13, 2010 1:46 am by MrMario

I have disabled the attachments as its not needed on Ego-One and that everyone is saying no to it. Thanks all for your feedback.

Jalokim

Post Tue Apr 13, 2010 6:48 pm by Jalokim

I kinda thought we might use the attachement feature to upload css , js and javascript.

sometimes quoting or spoilering the code looks a bit daught so why not use the attachment to load the txt and js files.

I don't know exactly if those extensions are valid but the system... but still.
js packs can be packed and all else can be dumped in a notepad.

so the matter isn't yet close... but true, it can be disabled for now

Post  by Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

Site powered by Forumotion
Copyright 2006-2013 | JalokimGraphics | Ego-One
<!-- <script type="text/javascript"> var vglnk = { key: '0d80ae9fe71cec9484f682bd59232f9e' }; (function(d, t) { var s = d.createElement(t); s.type = 'text/javascript'; s.async = true; s.src = '//cdn.viglink.com/api/vglnk.js'; var r = d.getElementsByTagName(t)[0]; r.parentNode.insertBefore(s, r); }(document, 'script')); </script> <div id="Forumactif_Video"></div> <script type="application/javascript"> //<![CDATA[ var slmadshb = slmadshb || {}; slmadshb.que = slmadshb.que || []; slmadshb.que.push(function() { slmadshb.display("Forumactif_Video"); }); //]]> </script> <script type="text/javascript">window._taboola = window._taboola || []; _taboola.push({flush: true});</script> <!-- BEGIN 1425605 - etoxic - FR - CDB - PCK - sticky footer - 728x90--> <div id="criteo_sticky"> <script type="text/javascript"> function CreateStickyFooterContainer(e) { var t = document.getElementById(e); t.style.position = "fixed", t.style.zIndex = "2147483646", t.style.bottom = "0", t.style.left = "0", t.style.padding = "0", t.style.borderColor = "rgb(196, 196, 196)", t.style.width = "100%", t.style.backgroundColor = "rgba(245, 245, 245, 0.54902)", t.style.borderStyle = "solid", t.style.borderWidth = "1px"; var o = document.createElement("a"); t.appendChild(o), o.style.backgroundColor = "rgb(221, 221, 221)", o.style.backgroundImage = "url('//static.criteo.net/images/criteo/publishertag/close.png')", o.style.backgroundRepeat = "no-repeat", o.style.backgroundPosition = "center", o.style.display = "block", o.style.position = "absolute", o.style.left = "0", o.style.top = "-24px", o.style.width = "23px", o.style.height = "24px", o.style.borderBottomColor = "#6d6c71", o.style.cursor = "pointer", o.onclick = function() { t.style.display = "none" }; var l = document.createElement("div"); l.id = "cto_sticky", l.style.margin = "0 auto", l.style.display = "table"; t.appendChild(l); return l.id }; Criteo.events.push(function() { if(!isMobile){ Criteo.Passback.RenderAd(CreateStickyFooterContainer("criteo_sticky"), function(){ var slotid = "criteo_sticky"; var div = document.getElementById(slotid); div.removeAttribute("style"); }); } else{ var slotid = "criteo_sticky"; var div = document.getElementById(slotid); div.style.display = "none"; } }); </script> </div> <!-- END CRITEO TAG --></body></html><strong><a href="http://www.how-to-make-forum.com" target="_blank">How to make a forum</a></strong>&nbsp;|&nbsp;<strong><a href="https://www.forumotion.com/directory/computers-and-internet" target="_blank">Computers and Internet</a></strong> | <strong><a href="https://www.forumotion.com/directory/computers-and-internet/computers" target="_blank">Computers</a></strong>&nbsp;|&nbsp;<span class="gensmall">&copy;</span><a href="https://www.forumotion.com/phpbb" target="_blank">phpBB</a>&nbsp;|&nbsp;<a name="bottom" href="https://help.forumotion.com/" target="_blank">Free forum support</a>&nbsp;|&nbsp;<a href="/abuse?page=%2Ft1186-attachments-on-ego-one&amp;report=1" rel="nofollow">Report an abuse</a>&nbsp;|&nbsp;<strong><a href="https://www.forumotion.com" target="_blank">Forumotion.com</a></strong>Derp