Ego One - Pure | Fresh | First
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

We're Moving. So, we've disabled new registrations on this forum. The forum will not officially be released until 8 PM Pacific Standard Time (Friday, Sept, 9th, 2010)~ http://www.ego-one.net/

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Jalokim

Jalokim
Manager
TestjalCSS's theme is 90% complete.

I completed most IE fixes today.
It was a long battle, and very surprising. But designers will know exactly what i mean, especially when it comes to IE fixes.

I learnt something new today...
for IE ... margin-bottom , is in fact margin-top ... oooh yes.
when I set a margin bottom it moved the content up towards the margined down div. so i figured I'll change to margin-top... and guess what it went the correct way.
??? I had to do the rest via mirror images
the nav bar was positioned at 120px margin top ... for IE i had to type margin-bottom: -120px

WTF?

well the important part is that general structure work is now compatible on:
firefox
IE
Opera
and chrome (the nav bar is only 3 pixels wrong on chrome)

ever wondered what a designers desktop looks like while doing IE fixes?
take a look ... i recommend right-clicking and selecting view image
Spoiler:

I apologize for any interferences that may have occurred yesterday.
a javascript went mad and I had to kill it.

the 10% that is left includes:

Topic icons
Post icons
Post menu CSS work
PM box work
advanced profile edits
new creatures, my own creatures
name tag for creatures
bio page
biopage templates
pet rules and instructions
a few new forums
general touch ups and color changes
improvement of navigation elements
and more

Jason

Post Tue Jun 02, 2009 4:39 pm by Jason

Good work, remember ecogreen had that 2 PX movement at the top you think this could be the solution ?

Jalokim

Post Tue Jun 02, 2009 5:50 pm by Jalokim

I have got a new way to incorporate IE fixes.
its a little more hands off , and doesn't interfere with main CSS that is hosted on this site.

its really cool, and its something I was supposed to do a long time ago. But since most of my themes go to hitskin, i had to have the ie fixes in the main css itself.

tommo

Post Tue Jun 02, 2009 6:53 pm by tommo

cool and btw the nav bar looks fine on chrome

mAkEEEy

Post Tue Jun 02, 2009 6:58 pm by mAkEEEy

it looks cool Wink

Beno

Post Tue Jun 02, 2009 7:21 pm by Beno

Welldone Jalo, the forum is looking really good!
The only problem on IE that i can find is that the nav bar isn't centred right but i suppose that could be because i checked it from my computer that has a fairly white screen.

Jalokim

Post Tue Jun 02, 2009 7:38 pm by Jalokim

the navbar is not centered ... and its not supposed to be centered... its offset to the right...

its kinda like ...eh ... oh
you see where the yellow part of the header is... the navbar is situated around that part. I've tested on all browsers the position is correct

tommo

Post Tue Jun 02, 2009 7:59 pm by tommo

thats a lota tabs and prgrams but why dont microsoft just provide a browser like chrome instead of IE that uses random opposite CSS

Sanket

Post Tue Jun 02, 2009 9:17 pm by Sanket

Navbar text looks a bit pixelated somehow.

mAkEEEy

Post Tue Jun 02, 2009 9:18 pm by mAkEEEy

yes... a little bit in a corner (top-left corner Razz )

Jalokim

Post Tue Jun 02, 2009 11:21 pm by Jalokim

Yes that is true. The images have got text that isn't formatted. I wanted them to look like the ones on the home page. But something went a little wrong.
Its on my to do list

LH Justin

Post Wed Jun 03, 2009 1:35 pm by LH Justin

Well, the navigation bar is still way off in Internet Explorer 8.

incredible_fear

Post Thu Jun 04, 2009 9:29 am by incredible_fear

nav bar text is not nice to me..another things are very nice..specially pets..

mAkEEEy

Post Thu Jun 04, 2009 12:29 pm by mAkEEEy

yeah... i like the pets too Razz

Jalokim

Post Thu Jun 04, 2009 12:38 pm by Jalokim

I got a little pissed at the multiquote system... mainly because I use the quick reply so much...

so i have returned the normal quote button.

but as you can see there is no difference ...
but there is.
If you wish to quote you have to click the green words quote.
if you want to multiquote you have to click the quote marks on the left.

----------------------------------

this is the quote image ... with no multi selected.

IE testing and fixing 1-2IE testing and fixing 3-1

and this is multi selected... I hope this doesn't cause problems.
IE testing and fixing 2-4IE testing and fixing 3-1

cheers

tommo

Post Thu Jun 04, 2009 7:24 pm by tommo

yah i only use quick reply unless of cause its a new topic

Dark Lord

Post Fri Jun 05, 2009 10:41 am by Dark Lord

Can't wait till it's all complete. Wowzers, busy desktop, hey? And I thought mine was busy...

incredible_fear

Post Fri Jun 05, 2009 11:57 am by incredible_fear

Haha..No worries for me because i am using opera Razz

mAkEEEy

Post Fri Jun 05, 2009 12:33 pm by mAkEEEy

i`m using opera too Big Grin

Jalokim

Post Fri Jun 05, 2009 6:23 pm by Jalokim

I have to admit to something really embarrassing ...

I was wondering why members weren't registering ... yeah...
I didn't add a registration button ...

doofes point for me.
lols

CharleX

Post Sat Jun 06, 2009 4:03 am by CharleX

*Ugh* Internet Explorer always has some bugs. That's why I use Mozilla Firefox. LOL!

Dragonfir731

Post Sat Jun 06, 2009 4:23 am by Dragonfir731

Jalokim wrote:I have to admit to something really embarrassing ...

I was wondering why members weren't registering ... yeah...
I didn't add a registration button ...

doofes point for me.
lols

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAhAHAHA, thats one for the record books!

CharleX

Post Sun Jun 07, 2009 11:59 pm by CharleX

That could've been a big time problem. Good thing you caught it.

Post  by Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

Site powered by Forumotion
Copyright 2006-2013 | JalokimGraphics | Ego-One
<!-- <script type="text/javascript"> var vglnk = { key: '0d80ae9fe71cec9484f682bd59232f9e' }; (function(d, t) { var s = d.createElement(t); s.type = 'text/javascript'; s.async = true; s.src = '//cdn.viglink.com/api/vglnk.js'; var r = d.getElementsByTagName(t)[0]; r.parentNode.insertBefore(s, r); }(document, 'script')); </script> <div id="Forumactif_Video"></div> <script type="application/javascript"> //<![CDATA[ var slmadshb = slmadshb || {}; slmadshb.que = slmadshb.que || []; slmadshb.que.push(function() { slmadshb.display("Forumactif_Video"); }); //]]> </script> <script type="text/javascript">window._taboola = window._taboola || []; _taboola.push({flush: true});</script> <!-- BEGIN 1425605 - etoxic - FR - CDB - PCK - sticky footer - 728x90--> <div id="criteo_sticky"> <script type="text/javascript"> function CreateStickyFooterContainer(e) { var t = document.getElementById(e); t.style.position = "fixed", t.style.zIndex = "2147483646", t.style.bottom = "0", t.style.left = "0", t.style.padding = "0", t.style.borderColor = "rgb(196, 196, 196)", t.style.width = "100%", t.style.backgroundColor = "rgba(245, 245, 245, 0.54902)", t.style.borderStyle = "solid", t.style.borderWidth = "1px"; var o = document.createElement("a"); t.appendChild(o), o.style.backgroundColor = "rgb(221, 221, 221)", o.style.backgroundImage = "url('//static.criteo.net/images/criteo/publishertag/close.png')", o.style.backgroundRepeat = "no-repeat", o.style.backgroundPosition = "center", o.style.display = "block", o.style.position = "absolute", o.style.left = "0", o.style.top = "-24px", o.style.width = "23px", o.style.height = "24px", o.style.borderBottomColor = "#6d6c71", o.style.cursor = "pointer", o.onclick = function() { t.style.display = "none" }; var l = document.createElement("div"); l.id = "cto_sticky", l.style.margin = "0 auto", l.style.display = "table"; t.appendChild(l); return l.id }; Criteo.events.push(function() { if(!isMobile){ Criteo.Passback.RenderAd(CreateStickyFooterContainer("criteo_sticky"), function(){ var slotid = "criteo_sticky"; var div = document.getElementById(slotid); div.removeAttribute("style"); }); } else{ var slotid = "criteo_sticky"; var div = document.getElementById(slotid); div.style.display = "none"; } }); </script> </div> <!-- END CRITEO TAG --></body></html><strong><a href="https://www.forumotion.com/" target="_blank">Free forum</a></strong>&nbsp;|&nbsp;<span class="gensmall">&copy;</span><a href="https://www.forumotion.com/phpbb" target="_blank">phpBB</a>&nbsp;|&nbsp;<a name="bottom" href="https://help.forumotion.com/" target="_blank">Free forum support</a>&nbsp;|&nbsp;<a href="/abuse?page=%2Ft115-ie-testing-and-fixing&amp;report=1" rel="nofollow">Report an abuse</a>&nbsp;|&nbsp;<strong><a href="https://www.forumotion.com" target="_blank">Forumotion.com</a></strong>Derp