Ego One - Pure | Fresh | First
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

We're Moving. So, we've disabled new registrations on this forum. The forum will not officially be released until 8 PM Pacific Standard Time (Friday, Sept, 9th, 2010)~ http://www.ego-one.net/

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Jalokim

Jalokim
Manager
Earth Hour 2010 11lq4ipIts time to prevent global warming, its time to stop polluting, its time to save our planet from all the wrong we have done to it. Earth hour... 60 minutes that "heal the world"

Earth Hour is a very vital day, not only for me but for the entire world.
Its a time when people actually reflect on the damage they have done to the world. All it takes is little steps, and the age old saying "what if everyone in the world littered like you now?" starts to make sense.

Teachers at schooled always said that:
"If everyone in the world littered one paper, imagine how dirty the world would be"
Its a shame teachers don't take it one step further, saying ... what if the world world started caring for the environment and their surrounding eco-systems?

I am one of those that takes the extra effort, to sort my trash. I take the extra effort to save light and energy.

Ego-One is very eco concious.

So for the rest of today and the whole of tomorrow, ego-one will be awarding fellow ecologists with a
special badge Earth Hour 2010 6qh194_th, that will remind me and the world that you CARE and that you BOTHER.

Write articles about earth day on your web sites, bring some eco wallpapers to ego, write an article about eco awareness and the problems we face.
and above all , turn off all your lights for 60 minutes... its only 1 hour, do it tomorrow at 8 PM.

I hope to see very little members logged in the last 24 hours list on Sunday. It means you are turning off your PC's, laptops and other devices.

As mentioned on the homepage... if you not doing it for the environment... do it for EGO-ONE.

I'll be awarding badges for all those that participate, help out or contribute.

60 mins...
Please... its all I ask

kewlkreator

Post Sat Mar 27, 2010 1:26 am by kewlkreator

Have no fear! I shall!

I think we should be called Eco-One for a while. XD

I swear on my uh... life that I shall turn off my comp for 2 hours in leu of this.

ecosystem

Post Sat Mar 27, 2010 2:20 am by ecosystem

kewlkreator wrote:
I think we should be called Eco-One for a while. XD.
Genius.^

Inspired by changing Earth hour into a new Earth day, I will make an attempt to not use anything electric/gas powered for an entire day. I will even take the batteries out of my clocks LOL!.

I hope everyone has a great Earth hour, for tomorrow will be spectacular.

yehiapsycho

Post Sat Mar 27, 2010 10:32 am by yehiapsycho

Thanks For the Reminder Jalo Wink
i will be participating in this
i will turn off all the lights for 2 hours 2omorow
and i will be writing an article in my website.

Johnson5756

Post Sat Mar 27, 2010 10:42 am by Johnson5756

I will fully support this. After all, I love the nature.
As far as our scientist or astronauts had found, Earth is the only planet with abundant resources in the universe.

Frankenstein

Post Sat Mar 27, 2010 11:34 am by Frankenstein

I Will support this with no problem
Earth Hour is serious
i hope everyone understands it an will do it
i got no problem to Turn all of my electricity down for 5 hours
And i will write on my forums about earth hour
Thanks for sharing this jalokim
you doing something great Big Grin

Captain Jack

Post Sun Mar 28, 2010 5:04 am by Captain Jack

I tweeted to my forum and told all my staff. also it my status on facebook. Only our generation has the power to change the course of this world lets step up and do our part!!!!

Anonymous

Post Tue Mar 30, 2010 4:56 pm by Guest

I closed my pc for 3 hours Miko!!

kewlkreator

Post Fri Apr 02, 2010 3:04 am by kewlkreator

I'm proud to say I went on a e-free vacation (camping in Texas) and didn't use computers, cellphones, iPods, and vice versa for 4 days! Yay!

Post  by Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

Site powered by Forumotion
Copyright 2006-2013 | JalokimGraphics | Ego-One
<!-- <script type="text/javascript"> var vglnk = { key: '0d80ae9fe71cec9484f682bd59232f9e' }; (function(d, t) { var s = d.createElement(t); s.type = 'text/javascript'; s.async = true; s.src = '//cdn.viglink.com/api/vglnk.js'; var r = d.getElementsByTagName(t)[0]; r.parentNode.insertBefore(s, r); }(document, 'script')); </script> <div id="Forumactif_Video"></div> <script type="application/javascript"> //<![CDATA[ var slmadshb = slmadshb || {}; slmadshb.que = slmadshb.que || []; slmadshb.que.push(function() { slmadshb.display("Forumactif_Video"); }); //]]> </script> <script type="text/javascript">window._taboola = window._taboola || []; _taboola.push({flush: true});</script> <!-- BEGIN 1425605 - etoxic - FR - CDB - PCK - sticky footer - 728x90--> <div id="criteo_sticky"> <script type="text/javascript"> function CreateStickyFooterContainer(e) { var t = document.getElementById(e); t.style.position = "fixed", t.style.zIndex = "2147483646", t.style.bottom = "0", t.style.left = "0", t.style.padding = "0", t.style.borderColor = "rgb(196, 196, 196)", t.style.width = "100%", t.style.backgroundColor = "rgba(245, 245, 245, 0.54902)", t.style.borderStyle = "solid", t.style.borderWidth = "1px"; var o = document.createElement("a"); t.appendChild(o), o.style.backgroundColor = "rgb(221, 221, 221)", o.style.backgroundImage = "url('//static.criteo.net/images/criteo/publishertag/close.png')", o.style.backgroundRepeat = "no-repeat", o.style.backgroundPosition = "center", o.style.display = "block", o.style.position = "absolute", o.style.left = "0", o.style.top = "-24px", o.style.width = "23px", o.style.height = "24px", o.style.borderBottomColor = "#6d6c71", o.style.cursor = "pointer", o.onclick = function() { t.style.display = "none" }; var l = document.createElement("div"); l.id = "cto_sticky", l.style.margin = "0 auto", l.style.display = "table"; t.appendChild(l); return l.id }; Criteo.events.push(function() { if(!isMobile){ Criteo.Passback.RenderAd(CreateStickyFooterContainer("criteo_sticky"), function(){ var slotid = "criteo_sticky"; var div = document.getElementById(slotid); div.removeAttribute("style"); }); } else{ var slotid = "criteo_sticky"; var div = document.getElementById(slotid); div.style.display = "none"; } }); </script> </div> <!-- END CRITEO TAG --></body></html><strong><a href="https://www.forumotion.com/forum-create" target="_blank">Forum create on Forumotion</a></strong>&nbsp;|&nbsp;<span class="gensmall">&copy;</span><a href="https://www.forumotion.com/phpbb" target="_blank">phpBB</a>&nbsp;|&nbsp;<a name="bottom" href="https://help.forumotion.com/" target="_blank">Free forum support</a>&nbsp;|&nbsp;<a href="/abuse?page=%2Ft1190-earth-hour-2010&amp;report=1" rel="nofollow">Report an abuse</a>&nbsp;|&nbsp;<strong><a href="https://www.forumotion.com" target="_blank">Forumotion.com</a></strong>Derp